The Boswells

The Boswells

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fall Fun

I know today wasn't the first day of fall, but it certainly felt like it. To celebrate this wonderful weekend of doing absolutely nothing, I went to Spa Auburn and had a massage and facial. My massage was awesome! It was just what I needed after months of stress. This was my first facial, and I must say I can't believe I haven't tried one before. My skin is glowing! I'll be having another :)

Tucker awoke early this morning to play golf. His range finder came in this past week, and he was very excited about getting to use it. He also met a guy about our age, and he and his wife go to our church. It's so exciting to meet new people, especially newly married couples that we can relate to.  I'm excited about meeting them, and maybe even joining their small group when things around the Boswell house hold slow a bit.

In keeping with the celebration of fall and since it was cool outside, I decided to make a big pot of Taco Soup. It is so delicious on a cool fall/winter night. Here's the recipe!

Taco Soup

Ingredients:
1 lb. hamburger meat
2 cans each of the following: corn, pinto beans, black beans, kidney beans
1 can Rotel
1 can chicken broth
1 packet of ranch seasoning
1 packet of taco seasoning

Mix all ingredients in a large stock pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 45 minutes. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese. Eat with Fritos or tortilla chips. Enjoy!


Yummy!

And for dessert we had peanut butter chip cookies! Extra yummy!

We are so glad our Auburn Tigers won against South Carolina this week! Tomorrow after church we will be getting our annual fall display together! Did I mention that I love fall???

And don't think we forgot... we are still preparing for the chili cook off!!! Practice begins tomorrow!

Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment