The Boswells

The Boswells

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Soccer Adventures

I may have forgotten to mention that in high school the hubs was a soccer ALL STAR! I don't remember all of his achievements, because they are so many, but I did encourage him to join a community soccer league when the opportunity came up. The games are every Wednesday at 8:30. Yes, that is a little late for us old folks who are usually in bed asleep at 10, but it's a small price to pay for happiness. Tucker has put up with lots of cooking, cleaning, and complaining while I get through grad school, so I think a few hours less of sleep one night a week isn't too much for him to ask.

I was so excited to see him play. I have heard how good he was, but I had never seen him in action. First, let me say that I had no idea how dangerous soccer really is. They were crushing each other's shins. Second, I didn't realize how much running soccer involves. Tucker's legs were pretty much gassed after three runs up and down the field, but he pushed through it. Lastly,I know absolutely nothing about soccer, so there was a lengthy detailing of ever move on the ride back home. The hubs did a terrific job. I have to say I was very impressed! Although his team didn't win, they did improve as the game progressed. I'm sad I won't be able to this Wednesday, but I'm just now recovering from a nasty sinus issue. I can finally breathe!!! I don't want to relapse, so the hubs will be without a cheerleader. Here are some pictures from the first game last week!

It's very rough and physical, as you can see!


Taking a break, but focusing on the game. No time for wives trying to take silly photos :)

Some teammates!

I plan to take my camera next time. These pictures aren't that good, because they were taken with the iphone camera. Sadly, fall break is over today, and I'll be heading back to school tomorrow. I have tried to talk Tucker into letting me be a stay at home mom to Bandit, but he laughed in my face :( HA!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment