The Boswells

The Boswells

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Our Roots Grow Deep


Tucker and I went to Toomer's Corner this past Sunday to pay our respects to the oaks that defined our traditions as Auburn fans. It hurts my heart to know that those trees may never be rolled again. Not only am I an Auburn fan, but I'm also alumni. I walked underneath the oaks' branches on my way to class. The idiot that poisoned the trees will never truly know what he has taken away from us. Our children may never see the famed oaks at Toomer's Corner. They may never know the joy that comes from rolling a tree after a big win. I thank my lucky stars that I had the opportunity to take part in rolling Toomer's Corner Iron Bowl 2010, and I plan to roll my own yard next year when we win! War Damn Eagle!






R.I.P

No comments:

Post a Comment