The Boswells

The Boswells

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mardi Gras!

This Saturday, Tucker and I were invited to a Mardi Gras ball held at the conference center in Auburn. It was very last minute. My friend, Tricia, whom also teaches third grade with me, invited us. She also was nice enough to let me borrow one of her beautiful dresses. Tucker was fortunate to also get a tuxedo at the last minute. We were very excited to have a great time with new friends!

Who wouldn't want to be on his arm?

All dressed up!

The table decorations were gorgeous! I did accidentally almost burn the whole place down when I placed my Mardi Gras mask on top of one of the little candles. We smelled something burning and realized my feathers were burning off of my mask. Luckily, we caught it in time!



The dangerous Mardi Gras mask.

The food was delicious. The appetizer was some sort of crab cake we believe. For the main course we had steak with potatoes, and for dessert, we had apple pie topped with ice cream! Yum! (I forgot to take a picture of the main course, but you can just imagine how delectable it was.)


Appetizer

Dessert

The most exciting part of the night was when the girls at our table were asked to model some of the fur coats for the auction. I got to model a snow white, $2000 rabbit cape with a hood. I was hoping Tucker would buy if for me considering my birthday was coming up. No such luck! I decided I didn't want to wear real fur anyway, because I love rabbits especially snow white rabbits. Unfortunately, Tucker couldn't get any good snaps of me making my modeling debut! Shoot!

We would both like to say a special thank you to Tricia and Blake for inviting us! We had a blast!


Tricia and I

Tricia and Blake

I'm obsessed with Mardi Gras now! This may just become one of our yearly traditions!

Amanda






No comments:

Post a Comment