The Boswells

The Boswells

Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Few Bumps in the Road

As you have read earlier, my grandfather always says "It's just another bump in the road." when the unexpected happens. This week we have run into many bumps, big bumps! On a happy note Tucker and I crossed out another item on our home improvement list. We finally had the three pine trees and the sweet gum tree removed on the left side of the house. It makes a world of difference without them!




We are having the stumps removed later this week. Then we plan to plant a dogwood in that area. Please ignore the gaping hole on the roof of the porch. We had some wood that was rotting, and Tucker attempted to fix it, but it's no one man job. That sore spot will be repaired tomorrow hopefully! And I promise a new roof is on the "Home Improvements" list!

Early Saturday morning I realized that my laptop had finally bit the dust. I took it down to Office Depot and they did a diagnostic test and told me that I have a short in the motherboard (whatever that is), and it would be cheaper to just buy another computer than it would be to repair it. So Tucker and I are adding that to the list of things to do! Then as we were heading to the grocery store later that day, we noticed that Tucker's windshield had cracked! Great! Add that to the list of bumps in the road!   

All in all we are very fortunate, and I should not even complain about all of these little bumps. We have a roof over our heads, food to eat, clothes to wear, and vehicles to drive. I have been fortunate enough to be able to go back to school to get my master's. We live a very happy life!The Lord has truly blessed us! I know it's just another bump in the road, and there will always be bumps in the road.

Next weekend Tucker and I will head down to Vortex Springs, Florida where he is going to be Scuba certified. I'm so excited for him!

Have a great week!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment