The Boswells

The Boswells

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Out With the Old...

And in with the new! All I wanted for my birthday was a new rug to go under the pool table in our living/dining room. The pool table is the only piece of manhood that Tucker has left to hang on to so he says. Truth be told, by the time I had moved in, most of the beer signs and sports memorabilia had already been taken down and put away. I just added a touch of sophistication and class! Ha!

Underneath the incredibly large and heavy pool table was this horrid black rug. Some liked to call it shabby chic, but it was more like shabby eeekkkkk! Besides that, it was literally falling apart.



I could no longer bear to look at this tattered and ugly rug. I picked out a fabulous one at World Market. At first, after seeing the price of the rug, Tucker said no way. I assured him that the rug was on sale, and if we bought a nice one now we would not be buying a cheap rug once again next year. I also stuck my lip out and gave him puppy dog eyes! It worked! Thursday, Jay and Tucker were so sweet to work so hard to get the rug underneath the pool table. This was no easy feat. Did I mention that the pool table is heavy?




I my opinion, it changes the whole look of the room. I'm so proud! Thanks very much Tucker and Jay!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment