The Boswells

The Boswells

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Adventures in Scuba Diving Part I

This weekend Tucker and I are in Ponce De Leon, Florida at Vortex Springs in order for him to receive his scuba diving certification. We left Auburn very early this morning and made it here before noon. We enjoyed our scenic ride through many picturesque small towns. Once in Ponce De Leon, we stopped at one of two places to eat for lunch. We opted for Subway; the other option was a BBQ hut- I repeat BBQ hut. 

Carbing up before the big dive!

The entrance to Vortex Spring.

Vortex Spring

Tucker got to dive twice today! He has one more dive tomorrow around 10 at a different spot that is still close to the spring. Tucker's scuba buddy, Michael, was a blast and took very good care of Tucker under the water. They will be dive buddies again tomorrow, and I intend on getting a picture no matter who I embarrass!

All suited up!

Tucker, Michael, and Andrew getting ready to go in! The water was freezing!

Getting ready to go under!

While Tucker was having a blast, I was in the back of the Tahoe studying away for the two classes I'm taking this session. I did finish an English lesson plan for my thematic unit, and I got a lot of reading done. I plan on getting even more reading done tomorrow!

No Fun Club
Members:1


Stay tuned- Adventures in Scuba Diving Part II is coming to a blog near you!

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment