The Boswells

The Boswells

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

Finally, we have stainless steel appliances! I have been wanting these for so very long. Tucker had no problem with the other appliances, but just because they still work does not mean they should still be in this house! It took some convincing to make him see things my way ;)

Of course, as with everything we try to do lately, there were a few problems. Number one the delivery guys were over two hours late. When they finally arrived, we noticed that the handle on the oven door was broken. BAD news!!! The delivery man (with a mullet, I might add) said we could just take the handle back to Lowe's to get a replacement. He lied!!!! Imagine that! The idiots at Lowe's said they didn't carry parts, and no, they could not give us the handle off the display. They could order us a handle, but we could get a new stove sooner than we could get the handle. The only problem with that idea was that the delivery men don't deliver past 2 during the week. That did not bode well with our schedule. I mean we actually work for a living, and we work past 2.

I was bound and determined to get a working stove today! I want what I want when I want it, and I wanted a perfect working stove today NOT tomorrow! (I have no clue where I get this trait! Ha!) So Tucker and I went back home, loaded up the broken stove and took it back to the store to exchange it. After what seems like an hour with the idiot at the return counter with an associate and a person who called himself a "manager", we finally got a stove that works!

We also had to buy and adapter for the ice maker on the refridgerator. The valve we had was too large and the water line going to the freezer was smaller. Again, one of Lowe's "helpful" employees helped us, and yes we had to return that part as well! After all of this, Tucker and I both sit here very pleased with ourselves. It's another checkmark to put on the "Home Improvements" list. Without further ado.....







Our next project will be getting a new roof! Hopefully there will be no surprises! Have a wonderful week!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment