The Boswells

The Boswells

Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring Time

Tucker and I discovered this week that we have some new tenants living in our fern on the back porch. We may have to start charging rent!




After some investigating (Thanks, Mrs. Mirarchi), I was told that this momma is a mourning bird. She is beautiful, and I can't wait until her egg hatches. My students at school are thrilled, and we are all anxiously awaiting the baby bird's arrival.

This was a very exciting week full of bird news! Today the AU Raptor Center came and showed the 3rd grade students and teachers different kinds of birds of prey. We saw a variety of owls, a red tail hawk, and my personal favorite "Spirit" the bald eagle!!! "Spirit" is one of three eagles that soar around the stadium before football games. It is one of my most favorite Auburn traditions. So of course, when the man brought "Spirit" out my eyes welled up with tears. I truly do bleed orange and blue! I learned that "Spirit" is 13 years old, and the reason he is with the raptor center is because he damaged his beak when he was younger. All birds of prey have curved, hook like beaks, and "Spirit's" beak is not curved due to the damage. Out in the wild, he would most likely starve to death. 



"Spirit" the bald eagle

I hope everyone is being especially safe this stormy night. It has stormed on and off all afternoon. Once we even had some small hail. Bandit and I were scared to death! I was especially upset since we have no garage and my car was out in the open with nothing to shield it. Thankfully everything has calmed down!


The white you see in the flower beds are tiny pieces of hail.

Tucker and I are planning a nice relaxing weekend. In the morning, he has plans to go play golf with his dad, and then his dad, his Uncle Dan and he are going to the A day game. This means I'll have the house to myself to clean and hopefully finish up some school work. I also have a Target trip planned!

Happy Friday!

Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment