The Boswells

The Boswells

Friday, April 22, 2011

Double Trouble

The title says it all- we have two little eggs in our nest now! I'm not sure when they will hatch. I'll have to research that when I find the time. Maybe I will this weekend, since I don't have to go to school on Monday. Yes, that's right. No school on Monday! Not only is there no school on Monday, but today was a teacher a workday. It was wonderful being able to get work done in my classroom without 17 little mouths shouting "Mrs. Boswell, Mrs. Boswell, hey Mrs. Boswell!".



I actually got a lot accomplished today. I was in cleaning out mode. This usually happens to me this time of year. It is especially bad this year, because this summer I plan to change the theme of my classroom . I have had a jungle theme for the past 3 years now, and it's time for a change. I'm not sure what I'm going for yet. I'm thinking something in the area of sports though. I was a woman on a mission-organizing every last cranny of my classroom!

We went to lunch today at the Irish Bread Pub! It was delicious as always! It is such a treat when we teachers can go out to eat during the day like normal people. After lunch, I received the most beautiful vase of spring flowers. At first, I thought my husband had out done himself. Leslie even commented that her husband was going to be in trouble after she told him I received flowers from my husband and he didn't send her anything. As it turned out, one of my sweet students, Jackson, sent them to me. The card said "Happy Easter Jackson". He even wrote his name in cursive perfectly! It warmed my heart so! It made me remember why I love my job. It's nice to feel appreciated every now and then.


Tomorrow, Tucker and I are going to the lake. We have plans to get the boat cleaned up and ready to go for this upcoming summer. We will be in our Easter best on Sunday for church. I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend with family and friends. Please remember the meaning of this Sunday. It's not about the Easter bunny, dying eggs, or what you'll be wearing to church, it's about what Jesus did on the cross for us. He died for our sins so that we may have eternal life.

Happy Easter!

Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment