The Boswells

The Boswells

Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolutions

My New Year's resolution this year is to not sweat the small stuff. It's going to be very hard to do, but I'm going to give it my best shot. I have also enlisted the help of the hubs to remind me in cases where I forget. I have a type A personality, and I'm very organized. I tend to get very stressed out when things don't go as I have planned them or as I think they should. That's a very nice way of putting " Hi, my name is Amanda, and I'm a control freak!". At least I have made it through the first of the 12 steps, admitting I have a problem.

I'm also going to try to keep a positive outlook on things. Many would say I tend to over dramatize situations. I think those people are crazy! Seriously, I do tend to focus on the negative instead of focusing on the light at the end of the tunnel. My goal this year will be to focus on the light. Not every situation is a tragedy as I like to call it!

Another resolution I have is to focus on the relationships I have with others. I have had relationships end with friends this year and I have also formed new relationships this year. I want to work on strengthening those new friendships. I also want to limit my relationships with those around me that are toxic to my self-esteem and spirit. In my opinion, friends should lift one another up and encourage one another. Those are the kind of friends I want going into 2011.

And of course, I want to lose 10 pounds! Oh wait, is that a cookie....

Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment