The Boswells

The Boswells

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Holidays

Christmas is finally upon us! Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday! I'm also a teacher, and I get two and a half weeks to enjoy it! The time off is not why I decided to go into teaching, but it is definitely one of the perks.

I feel like the worst blogger in the history of blogs. Tucker and I have been so busy lately, it has been hard to keep the blog updated. One of my New Year's resolutions is to do a better job of keeping this thing updated. I at least want to do one blog post a week.

I finally finished my first semester of grad school! Woo-Hoo! I'm glad to be getting a break before the next semester begins. And as much as I love this holiday, I also detest it at the same time. My poor husband works so late to deliver all of the last minute packages we all send. He is also sick right now and still working. I believe he got sick from the lack of rest. He literally gets home at 8 o'clock! If he gets home earlier than that, well it's a miracle! I know he will be so happy when Christmas is over!

We have many family celebrations coming up, and we are both so excited! I feel so blessed to have married into such a fun and loving family. I can honestly say that I absolutely love my mother-in-law and sister-in-law! I'm so lucky that we get along so well! This past Saturday we celebrated Christmas with my grandfather. It was so nice to see everyone! I made Grandpa a banana pudding and some deviled eggs. I actually made two banana puddings; one just for him and one for us all to eat at lunch.

We got to see my Aunt Rhonda and my beautiful cousins Taylor and Rachel, and their sweet mother, Stacy. And if you know my grandfather then you know he does not decorate for Christmas and he is a huge Alabama fan. So they decided to bring Grandpa an Alabama Christmas tree! As much as I loathe Alabama, I have to admit it was a pretty cute tree. The tree was white and decorated with red. My Aunt Rhonda bought Christmas ornaments for us to decorate. And, yes, I actually wrote Roll Tide on one, but it was only because I love my Grandpa so very much! Their was even a picture of Nick Saban placed at the top! This has given me the idea for my very own Auburn tree next year!

The Alabama Tree

Grandpa, Aunt Rhonda, and I

Aunt Rhonda, Taylor, Grandpa, Rachel, and Stacy

Tucker and I

No comments:

Post a Comment