The Boswells

The Boswells

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

7 Months

Hudson is growing by what seems like miles each day! Some mornings when I wake him up, I swear he grew some overnight. His rapid growth is bittersweet. I enjoy watching my baby grow, figure things out, and experience life, but it also makes me weepy, because time is so fleeting.

Unfortunately, Hudson has spent most of this month sick. Early in the month, he had a horrible stomach virus. Poor baby, it caused him to have the most awful diaper rash. He would scream every time he went to the bathroom, and it just broke my heart each time I had to change him. Then, the night before Christmas Eve, Hudson came down with the flu, even after having his flu shot. Thank goodness he had the flu shot, though. He ended up having a very mild case of it. Sadly, we did have to miss Christmas with our family and his friend, Cale's, first birthday party. Bummer. I hate when my baby is sick, but I have to admit, I do enjoy the extra snuggle time at home with him. 

At our last doctor's visit (last week), Hudson weighed 19 lbs. and 2 oz. He has also moved up to a size 4 diaper. If he keeps up this rate of growth, I'm afraid he will be wearing "Depends" soon. Ha! Hudson also tried avocado and pears for the first time this month. He liked them both, but sweet potatoes and bananas are still his favorite. We also found out that Hudson had been hiding some of his tricks from us. I went to pick him up from daycare early one day to find that he could hold the bottle all by himself. That little stinker had been holding out on us!



 
If you couldn't tell, I love this boy to the moon and back!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment