The Boswells

The Boswells

Saturday, December 7, 2013

6 Months

Hudson will be 7 months old in a week and a half. I can't believe time has passed so quickly. Six months has been good to Hudson. He had so many firsts this month!

At his 6 month check up, he weighed 17 lbs and 14 oz and was 27.5 inches long. He's in the 56th percentile for weight and the 83rd percentile for height. Dr. Johnson said everything looked great. He also said we could begin solid foods with Hudson. I was thrilled! I could finally put that Baby Bullet to good use!

I was determined that I would make my own baby food. I still have so much guilt for only breast feeding Hudson for 3 weeks. I know it doesn't really make a difference, and I shouldn't be so hard on myself, but I really wanted to breast feed. I did all the research and went to all of the classes. I was so gung-ho on it that I asked my poor husband to miss a morning of golf to go to a breast feeding class with me! That being said, making Hudson organic, nonprocessed baby food is my way of making it up to him for not being able to give him what he needed so early in his life. 

Surprisingly, I found that making my own baby food is quiet easy! In fact, I love it! So far, I've made sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, and bananas. Hudson loves sweet potatoes. They are his favorites. He's not a big fan of carrots or squash. He gagged when we fed him those, but we will keep trying. We tried bananas for the first time tonight and he seemed to enjoy them although he wasn't sure about it at first. It's so much fun to see him experience new foods! 

Hudson also has two teeth! We didn't even know he was teething! We expected fussiness and fever, but other than excessive drooling, there were no signs. We introduced a sippy cup this month. He mostly plays with it, but he does hold it and drinks from it occasionally. Hudson can also sit up all by himself! This makes bath time so much easier. He loves it too! He loves to splash and play with his rubber duckies. We went to the grocery store this week, and he got to sit in the buggy like a big boy! 




Hudson spent the night away from home for the first time this month. His Shug and  Big Al picked him up the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and took him to Honey's house in Wetumpka. We missed him so much! I didn't know what to do with myself! His daddy took it worse than I did. Tucker said it may be a while before Hudson gets to spend the night away again!

We took Hudson to visit Toomer's Corner after the Iron Bowl. We went Sunday after church. He got to see Auburn win the Iron Bowl and now the SEC Championship! We scared him and Prudence, but one day soon they will understand! 


So many firsts this month! It seems the older he gets the faster things are happening. I just want time to slow down. I want to live in this moment and love every single ounce of my sweet baby boy. 



Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment