The Boswells

The Boswells

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Present

I don't do New Year's resolutions. I don't like setting myself up for failure. However, I have been inspired by a sweet friend of mine. Each year she picks one word to focus on for the year. Not only am I stealing her idea, I'm also stealing one of her words, present.

I have said it over and over, I know, but my baby really is growing up so fast. I don't want to miss anything. Not. one.single. thing. My biggest problem is that I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of this life. I tend to let stress and worry consume me. I worry about things I cannot control, and I struggle daily with giving those worries to God. I find myself unable to relax, my mind churning. Because of this, I feel like I'm missing precious moments with my husband and my child. I don't want Hudson to remember me like this.

Another issue, is the phone. It's not just an accessory, it is my priority. Sometimes I find myself checking it several times in a five minute span. Ridiculous. This relationship with my phone is causing my husband and child to suffer. Many times at dinner, I'm checking Facebook instead of having an actual conversation with my husband. I'm so plugged into my phone, that I'm missing that personal connection with my husband. Other times, I find myself feeding Hudson, and guess what? I'm checking Facebook or Instagram. It breaks my heart knowing I have missed even one minute staring into those big brown eyes of my sweet boy, because I had to update my Facbeook status.

Therefore, my goal this year is to live in the moment. Be present.

I'm giving myself 15 minutes a day to catch up on social media. I have taken the Facebook app off of my phone. Okay, I didn't actually do it; Tucker did. He's braver than I am. He's also in favor of not having to share his wife with a phone.

To deal with the everyday stress of life, I'm going to continue to pray. I'm also going to learn how to say "No." My time with my family is precious. I don't have time, nor do I want to hang out with people I don't necessarily like. So, I'm going to be more choosy. Life isn't about how many friends you have, but rather the quality of friends you have. My best friends I can count on one hand, and I'm fine with that.

Finally, I want to spend as much time as I can with my family. Hudson and Tucker are the very best parts of my day, everyday. Thank goodness for my sweet husband. He is the ying to my yang. Cheesy, I know, but he really does balance out all of this crazy. Hudson gave a purpose to my life I didn't even know existed. My passion for being his mama is overwhelming. I thank the Lord everyday that he got his daddy's laid back attitude.

2013 was a wonderful year for us. I can only imagine what 2014 has in store for us, but we're ready!

1 comment: