The Boswells

The Boswells

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Day 2014

Whoa! Many places were not prepared for the snow. We are so fortunate to live in an area that did prepare for snowy and icy conditions. Opelika and Auburn city schools cancelled school yesterday and today. I, the skeptic, doubted we would see anything. And I'm not a fan of make up days. If it had been up to me, we would have been at school. Good thing I'm not in charge of things! Ha!

Hudson and I spent yesterday snuggling. In fact, we didn't even get out of our pajamas. A rare treat for us. We also worried greatly for Tucker. He was out delivering in Russell County, and the roads were quickly icing over. Thank goodness, our favorite Daddy made it home safe and sound. As I'm blogging this morning, I'm watching both of my favorite boys nap. I'm so thankful Tucker doesn't have to get out in this mess today.

This morning we all bundled up and headed out for a total of 3 minutes playing in the snow. Hudson didn't know what to think about all of that white stuff. I picked some up and let him touch it. He wasn't much of a fan! Ha!


 The sun trying to make an appearance. 
Beautiful!


 Hudson's first snow day!

So fun!

I am so thankful for days like today. I have my boys right where I want them. Safe, snuggled, and at home with me. My heart goes out all of those who were stranded last night, especially the teachers and students who had to spend the night at their schools. Teaching is truly a special calling. I know those teachers didn't even bat an eye at having to stay at school with their kiddos. Just think of the special night they shared with their students. They will remember last night for the rest of their lives. 

I am thankful to our superintendent, Mark Neighbors. He made the right call, and in doing so, kept employees and students safe. And it gave me two extra snugly days with my Hudson :) Bundle up, friends!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment