The Boswells

The Boswells

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Many Firsts

This year is going to be so much fun! I love blogging about all of Hudson's "firsts". Last week Hudson went to the doctor for the first time. He weighs 10 lbs. 7 oz. and is 22.5 inches long. He's getting too big too fast! The visit went very well until the nurse had to stick his heel. She needed five drops of blood, and they had to be drops. Hudson didn't bleed well the first time, so she had to stick him again! It was so hard to see my baby screaming and in pain. I just wanted to scoop him up and protect him. If the nurse said she had to prick him again, I was snatching my naked baby up, and we were outta there! She's lucky I didn't punch her in the face when she was squeezing my baby's foot and making him cry. What can I say? Momma bear has arrived, and she's here to stay!

Hudson's doctor is Dr. Johnson at the Pediatric Clinic. He was really nice and patient. He answered all of my questions, and I had a lot of questions. Some were silly, but it's better to be safe than sorry. He assured me Hudson was perfect in every way (I already knew that :)) He even said that Hudson made his job very easy, because there wasn't a thing wrong with him. Hudson didn't even cry...that is until the mean nurse came in to prick him. He also got his second Hepatitis B vaccine. He was such a good boy! We went home immediately where he enjoyed a nice warm bottle and many snuggles on the couch.

Saturday night, Hudson went to his first karaoke party at the Elk's Lodge. His Granddaddy John loves to sing karaoke (so does his Momma). He loves karaoke so much, he even has his own karaoke machine at his house! And I'm not talking about the cheap ones you can get at Wal-mart. The one he has is the real deal! He has over 75,000 songs on the hard drive! Earlier in the week, we went to Granddaddy's house for a practice session. I was a little worried about taking him considering this would be his first outing at night, but  Hudson was a perfect angel the entire time. Everyone thought he was a cutie. He stole the show!

 Enjoying karaoke "under the stars".

Hudson also enjoyed his first visit to church this weekend. He stayed in the nursery while we enjoyed the church service in the sanctuary. He slept the entire time! Once again everyone thought he was a cutie, and bragged about what an angel baby he was. We liked to have never gotten out of there, because everyone wanted to see him! It was 12 :20 before we left!

I was attempting to make my arm look skinny...didn't work:) 
Look at those handsome boys!

This boy has stolen my heart!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment