The Boswells

The Boswells

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Blessed

I made it; I survived the last day of school prior to Christmas break! What a day it was! There were lots of presents, carol singing, and candy cane munching. Even some of my sweet students from last year brought me presents. It felt good to be remembered <3. On another note( a not so good note), some of my students decided to make weapons out of their candy canes. I didn't even know this was possible, but apparently you can suck the end of the candy cane until it reaches a very sharp point. Then you can use it to pretend you have a bear claw and proceed to pretend to be a bear and mock scratch other students. What can I do? I was also threatened AGAIN by the same student who threatened to kill me after asking him to quit talking at the silent lunch table. Don't worry, this time he only threatened to slap me... for asking him to sit down. I sent another student to I.S.S for bullying, and another missed the Christmas party entirely for making bad choices. So needless to say, it has been a rough day, and I am so very grateful for Christmas break.

Although my job is tough at times, I am so very thankful to have a job.I know so many who are looking for teaching jobs at this moment.With budget cuts and our wonderful Governor taking money from the education fund, it's not a very pleasant time for teachers looking for jobs. I also try to remember that many of the students I teach come from not so good backgrounds, and the hugs they get from me morning and afternoon may be the only hugs they ever receive. It's so very hard when you have students in your room, whom you know will not receive many presents , if any, for Christmas. Sadly, we teachers have many of these students.

My goal this Christmas season is to count my blessings, and there are so many! This weekend was absolutely fabulous! It started with a relaxing day on Saturday with a little shopping mixed in. Tucker and I also went with Tucker's parents to the Auburn basketball game. This was our first time to see a game in the Auburn Arena, and it was a blast! I was also surprised with a graduation present from Phyllis and Al! They gave me a birth stone ring that is STUNNING! I love, love, love it!!!


It could not be any more prefect!

On Sunday, the crew met up at Arricia's at the Auburn Hotel and Conference Center for brunch. They had a wide variety of food to choose from and it was all delish! I'm not proud of myself, but I literally ate myself sick. The dessert bar pushed me over the edge, but you can't say no to dessert. Well you can, but why would you want to?! Phyllis and Al, thank you so much for supporting me during this time and for making this celebration so special!

From left: Jay, Jim, Kathie, Emily, Andy, me, Tucker, Mymama, Al, and Phyllis

I was so happy to have Jay and Jim come eat with us!

This screams Boswell Christmas card 2012!

Tucker having fun with the nutcracker. Had I known he was holding this above my head, he would have had an altercation with the nutcracker! Ha!



Emily and I in our fabulous coats! Our goal is to have a pea coat in every color!

Then it was off to Birmingham to celebrate Christmas with my Grandpa and my Aunt Rhonda. I had an awesome time getting to see my cousins., some that I had never even met before. There was lots of yummy food. Unfortunately, Tucker and I were still so full from brunch that we couldn't even think about eating! There was lots of cutting up, story telling, and laughing. I love my family!!!

From left: Staci, Rachel, Taylor, Gracie, Grandpa, Claire, Jason, and me. Talon is squatting and Claire isn't looking. She was precious in her Santa outfit!!!


Jason, Grandpa, and Talon

My Aunt Rhonda! Love you!

Tomorrow I anticipate sleeping late, wearing pj's all day, and coffee drinking on the couch! I may even wrap a present or two! Merry Christmas!

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. LAZY will be my name tomorrow. You will find me in my pjs and watching the Hallmark Channel tomorrow all day. I may go to the gym-I need too!

    ReplyDelete