The Boswells

The Boswells

Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Beginnings

In case you haven't heard, I'm transferring from third grade to fifth grade this year. While I am very excited about this new adventure, it also came with lots of stress. I stressed over everything from decorating my new room to the curriculum. Finally, my room is finished. Well, mostly finished. I still have some finishing touches. Right now my main concern is the curriculum. I'll be teaching reading, science, and social studies. Going from a self-contained classroom to a departmentalized system was also a big stresser for me. The best part about being departmentalized is that I'll get to see lots of faces throughout the day!

The view of my classroom from the door.

The view from my desk.

The front of my room.

I'm enjoying every last minute of my summer vacation. I have not put on make-up all week, and I have rarely escaped my pj's! I broke the news to Bandit earlier this week that I had to go back to work next week. He was shocked to say the least. We truly are the two best friends that anyone could have. To console him, Tucker and I bought him some ice cream from Bruster's last night. Bandit LOVES ice cream! I have never seen anything like it. He acts like he is on crack, and he eats it so fast he gets a brain freeze every time.

Bandit's reaction when I told him I had to go back to work next week.

Ice cream!

Now for a kickball update! We beat the Holy Rollers 15-1! We are still undefeated and number one in the league. I actually scored a run this game, and I had a couple of RBI's. I didn't have to worry about catching the ball in the outfield this week, because I played catcher this game. We had a blast!

This weekend we are relaxing! Tucker and I have joined the AU Club and I plan to drive my hubby around the golf course on Saturday and Sunday after church. We also have a few home improvement plans up our sleeves. We are going to look at a new ceiling fan for the living room. This is the moment I've been waiting on!!! Have a great weekend!

Amanda


1 comment:

  1. Lofton is a member of the AU Club, too! He and Tucker need to go golfing once we get this move over with.

    ReplyDelete