The Boswells

The Boswells

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Let Freedom Ring

What a weekend! Of course we went to the lake this weekend to celebrate the 4th. We had a small crowd, only Tucker, his parents, grandmother, and me, but we had just as much fun if not more fun than usual. Sometimes it is nice to just enjoy the quite serenity of the lake. Often times there are so many people and so much noise and hustle and bustle that we don't get to enjoy the lake as much as we would like. Saturday we went on a long boat ride and picnic. This was such a treat! I had never done anything like that before, and it was special for Tucker and family because it was something that they used to do all of the time.

We found the perfect picnic spot in the shade!

Relaxing after a delicious lunch!

When it got too hot, we jumped in!

Both hands on the wheel please, Captain Phyllis!

Tucker carrying on the floppy hat tradition.

Thank goodness the REAL Captain took over!

Our boat ride lasted all day. When we got home we made homemade peach ice-cream! It was to die for!

The anticipation was almost too much!

Someone wanted to lick the white thing, and I'll just say it wasn't me :)

And no lake weekend is complete without waffles! Tucker did the honors for us this time, and I'll say he did such a great job! I may never have to make waffles again, and it's a good thing too! I tried to make them about a month ago and used all purpose flour instead of self-rising and they were terrible. Needless to say, Tucker was a natural. He has waffle making in his genes!



The first one came off the waffle iron perfectly!

My waffle with strawberries, blueberries, and a little powdered sugar! Yummy!

After breakfast, we spent the day with great friends and family. We went to Tucker's Aunt Katie's house where we ate till we were sick! We had ribs, baked beans, grilled corn on the cob, cole slaw, bread, and many other delicious eats.

Unfortunately, a long as I have been around the Boswell clan, there has always been some sort of accident or incident that has occurred on the 4th of July weekend. My first year, the perfect storm almost killed Jim and Jay (Tucker's cousins). Boats thrashed and lightening bolts crashed on every side of all of the men outside trying to keep the boats from being damaged. The second year, Jim nearly burned his hand off and the house down with a firecracker (Kidding, Jim!). And this year, I guess it was my turn. I slipped on the boat ramp and busted my booty and scrapped up my knee.


I'm feeling much better by the way!

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend! We so enjoy getting to spend time with our family and friends!

Happy 4th of July!

Amanda





No comments:

Post a Comment