The Boswells

The Boswells

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nouns, and Adjectives, and Verbs...Oh My!


Have you ever played that game "One of these things is not like the other."? Just look at the above picture of one of my sweet third grader's work. Do you see the object that just doesn't seem to belong? If you haven't found it yet, it's the pad underneath the candle! I was teaching my students about nouns, verbs, and adjectives, and their assignment was to find examples of these in magazines and glue them onto the appropriate column on their construction paper. You can imagine my shock, especially when the librarian told me she went through all the magazines and took out all the pictures of people drinking and scantily clad women. You missed one Mrs. Haynie! What is even more funny about this project is that a boy actually completed this. When asked what it was he simply stated "It's a thing for a lady. I forgot what it's called, but I know ladies use it.". Bless his precious heart! He made my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment