The Boswells

The Boswells

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Adventures in Cooking

I have learned that watching Paula Deen and Rachel Ray does not a cook make. Many valuable cooking lessons have been learned during our first year of marriage. One being that when you are using dry herbs, you don't have to use near as much as the fresh. That would have been nice to know when he recipe called for 3/4 of a cup of fresh basil and I used dry. Needless to say,we had basil pasta on that particular night. And poor Tucker was a sweet as could be, complimenting my efforts when we both knew it tasted horrible.

I have gotten much better though! This past week I made stuffed shells for our sweet friends Reese and Jenifer. Unfortunately, only Reese could make it, and we missed Jenifer greatly!

Preparation

The sauce simmering! Yum!

Tucker and Reese enjoying their meal.

Stuffed Shells-Recipe from "Cook Yourself Thin"

I also must say special thanks you to several people who have helped me along the way. Thank you Emily for my garlic press and always answering the phone when I have a cooking emergency. Thanks to Kate and Aunt Kathie for the marjoram. It's by far my favorite herb.

Happy Cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment