The Boswells

The Boswells

Monday, March 11, 2013

Preparing for Baby

Labor and delivery classes.... check, lactation class....check, hospital tour....check. Yep, we are preparing for the arrival of Hudson. He won't be here for another 9 weeks, but when he gets here, hopefully,we will be ready. We have another labor and delivery class tonight. We have decided to sit in the back for the rest of the classes. Tucker and I got into a little trouble at the first class. We knew there would be the possibility of a video, and I had forewarned Tucker and talked to him about being a mature adult. Little did I know, I would be the one cracking up and getting us into trouble. The video came on, and I was intensely uncomfortable. Next thing you know, I'm like a kid in church trying to suppress a giggle. And we all know what happens when you try to suppress a giggle....more giggles! Then Tucker started giggling because I was so tickled.

I could feel the cold, icy stares of our peers. They were judging us. They decided right then and there, that the Boswell's were not mature enough to bring a child into this world. They are probably already praying for our child. Tucker and I just think they are too uptight. They will probably die early from stress and lack of fun in their lives. Ha! We shall see how things go tonight:)

A few weeks ago, my sweet friends Virginia and Elizabeth (and their husbands Andy and Lofton) hosted our first baby shower. Tucker and I are so blessed to have friends that care enough to do something like that for us. We can't wait to return the favor someday:)

 Love the invitation :)


 My precious friends, Virginia and Elizabeth.

 We were so excited that some of our family got to attend!

The diaper cake Virginia made.

It was such a fun night, and a great way to start this busy month. Looking at these pictures, I've realized that I've gained about 10 lbs in my face alone! Ha! Like I said earlier, we only have 9 more weeks, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Hudson wanted to come about a week earlier ;) Have a great week!

Amanda






No comments:

Post a Comment