The Boswells

The Boswells

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Breathe In, Breathe Out

Wow! This month has been busy! I feel like I have barely been able to take a breath. There is so much going on in our little world lately. First, I have an intern and a lab student this semester. Surprisingly, I have enjoyed it. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to let go of the control, and I'm still working on it, but I'm doing pretty good so far. My intern is fabulous, and with her help, I have been able to get so much accomplished. So far, we have left everyday this week at 3:30. That almost never happens. My lab student will come every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I met her on Monday, and she seems eager to get started. That's one quality I'm definitely looking for. Having this help really comes in handy when you're pregnant. Being able to go to the restroom any time I want is amazing, plus I get to rest a little:)

Tucker and I have been busy every weekend this month, and I know we are only going to get busier the closer we get to Hudson's due date. Last weekend, we went to Montgomery to celebrate the engagement of our sweet friends, Reese and Jenifer. We are so excited for them! The weekend before that, Tucker and I registered for our upcoming showers. That was a daunting task in itself! Thank goodness I have a wonderful sister-in-law who doesn't mind me calling her several times in an hour! Ha! I also have amazing Mommy friends that recommended products and brands that they liked and were pleased with. I can't thank them enough for their help!
Hudson has diapers!

Tucker and I at Reese and Jenifer's engagement party. (25 weeks)

We had a great time visiting with old friends!

On top of all of that, Tucker and I have tried to work on the nursery here and there. I saw on Pinterest where a woman made book shelves for her child's bedroom using a pallet. Following her directions, (well, most of her directions), Tucker made them for Hudson's room. I was a little skeptical at first, but they turned out great. Thank goodness I have a handy husband that's good with his tools! This weekend, our goal is to hang curtains in Hudson's room.

 Before (Tucker had already cut the pallet)

 After

It's almost ready!

On another note, Tucker and I have decided to join the First United Methodist Church in Opelika. We will officially join this Sunday. We have been visiting for several weeks, and we feel like God is leading us there. It has everything we are looking for in a church home. They have a traditional Sunday school class, and they also have one for young adults in our similar situation. Fortunately, we already know many of the couples attending, and most of them have just had a baby or are due soon. We are excited that Hudson will have so many friends, and he will have a loving church family.

In a way, I'm glad that we have been so busy and will be so busy. It makes it seem like time is going by faster. I can't believe little Hudson will be here in 15 weeks (more or less)! We can't wait to meet him!

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment