The Boswells

The Boswells

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Adventures in Furniture Assembly

Hudson's nursery furniture came in this weekend! We drove to Columbus Saturday to pick it all up. We got a crib that converts to a toddler bed, then to a full size bed. We also got a dresser that will act as a changing table for now. Also, we got a chest and a chair with an ottoman. It was an adventure, but then again, everything we do turns into an adventure! Ha!

We thought we were going to be able to borrow a friend's truck on Saturday, but our friend needed his truck at the last minute. With no time for a plan B, we decided to risk it and hope everything fit into the Tahoe. At first sight, things were looking good, however, we could not fit everything. The crib had to be fastened to the top of the Tahoe. We were a little anxious the whole ride home. We figured we were in trouble if people were trying to get around us quickly and giving us dirty looks. Luckily, we made it home with all the furniture in tact.


Of course, we had to put the furniture together right away! I would like to say that contrary to what the pictures show, I did, in fact, help Tucker put the furniture together. I assisted in helping put the dresser and chest together, and I supervised Tucker putting the crib together. I had given it my all be the time we got to the crib! Thanks to my sweet husband for staying up late and getting the job done! He's going to be an amazing daddy!

 The calm before the storm.

 In the midst of the storm. Ha!

 Reading the directions... as you can see, I was supervising :)

 In Tucker's words, "If I'm ever going to do anything right, it's going to be this."

 Resting after a long night of furniture assembly!

Hudson's room

We still have a lot to do to have it baby ready, but I think we are off to a great start. The bedding should be here soon. We decided to go with the Logan bedding from Pottery Barn. It's a train theme with navy blue, red, gray, and light  blue colors. We also purchased the mattress, so at least, in the next week or so the nursery will be livable. 

After all of this hard work, Tucker and I really hope Hudson doesn't color or put stickers on his furniture. I have a feeling, if he's anything like his father, I will be out of luck. Tucker was known to do some damage as a child. I, of course, was the perfect child and never did anything like that! Ha! (I have been known to stick a Lisa Frank sticker or two on my furniture.)

 21 weeks

22 weeks

As you can see, I'm getting bigger by the day!

Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment