The Boswells

The Boswells

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Monterrey Aquarium

After a long day of traveling, we made it to California safely! California is two time zones behind us, so right now it is 6:00 here while it's 8:00 at home. My stomach is also growling! I guess my stomach still thinks its 8:00! From LAX, we flew into San Jose. There we rented a car and drove to the Monterrey/Carmel area. The drive was beautiful! There were mountains on both sides, and every now and then the pacific ocean would peek out. It was absolutely breathtaking!

In Monterrey, we went to the Monterrey Aquarium. I have been to the Chattanooga and Atlanta aquariums too, but this was so cool! They had penguins, puffins, otters, and a huge jelly fish exhibit. They were so majestic! I was just memorized by one of God's most unique and dangerous creatures. My favorite exhibit was the sea horses! They were so cute! The aquarium was having a jazz and wine night, so it was fun to watch the jazz band and relax a little after a day of hard traveling.

Later, we went to dinner at The Loose Noodle. It is a neat little Italian restaurant in Monterrey. The food was delish! Then we headed to our hotel, Spanish Bay, which is on Pebble Beach. It is gorgeous! This morning, Tucker and his dad will play golf at Pebble Beach. They are so excited! I'm excited too, to see the beautiful scenery! Tomorrow, they will play golf at Spyglass, another beautiful golf course, while Phyllis and I shop and play in Carmel! We are having so much fun! See you soon!

Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment