The Boswells

The Boswells

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Weekend Getaway

As I am writing this, I am comfortably sitting in a condo in Orange Beach. Beside me, is my sweet husband, my best friend, my everything. We are here to celebrate our two year anniversary. Yes, it has been two years! (It will actually be two years on Tuesday.) It seems like yesterday that we got married, but at the same time, it feels like we have been together forever. Not forever in the sense that we get on each other's nerves (occasionally that does occur), but forever in a sense that we love each other so much and know each other inside and out. It just seems like we were always meant to find each other.
This weekend is a much needed escape from the reality of everyday. The stress from work has been killing me lately. I some how have to figure out when to grade 75 papers several times a week. I have worked everyday till 4:30 or 5! I taught third grade for four years and seldom worked that late. Fifth grade is a whole new world! Don't get me wrong, I love teaching, but it's tough work.

Today, we took our time getting ready, leaving around 9:30. We arrived in Foley at about 1:00. Tucker had never been to Lambert's Cafe, so we decided to try lunch there. Believe it or not, the wait was only about 20 minutes. Any other time I have been there, the wait has been at least an hour, if not longer. I was shocked! The food was delicious, and Tucker caught a thrown roll! After lunch,we headed to the outlet mall to shop. Tucker bought me a Michael Kors watch for my anniversary present. I told him I wanted a watch, but I didn't expect that! It's rose gold, and so dainty. Just my style! I thank God everyday that my honey had a wonderful mother and sister, because he has fabulous taste! Tucker is getting a spear gun so he can go spear fishing this summer. I know, very romantic! It's what he wanted though :)

Tonight, we are still full from lunch! We are trying to decide where to stuff ourselves. Hopefully, the weather will be nice tomorrow, and we will be able to get out on the beach a little. We have plans for lunch at the Shrimp Basket and dinner at the Original Oyster House. Then I'll be cheating on Bruster's with Scoops Ice Cream ;)

Tucker and I are soaking up every last minute of this time together. I thank God everyday for my wonderful husband. I would be lost without him! I'll post pictures soon!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment