The Boswells

The Boswells

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Another Year Older

I'm a firm believer that a lady never tells her age, therefore, I refuse to mention how old I turned yesterday. Let's just say that I'm thankful for another year, not so thankful for wrinkles:/ So far I have only found three places that need a little botox! Ha! And because I dye my hair, I'm hoping to never find a grey!

When I was in high school, I always thought that people who are my age now were so old. Now I look in the mirror every morning  and try to convince myself that I still got it! Many things have changed since then. So far I have learned that I can't eat anything I would like. Now I actually have to exercise :( Boo! My bedtime is 10:00, and if I stay up till 11, I'm getting buck wild!And yes, sadly, this bedtime applies to Friday and Saturday night. Sleep is very important. I also wake up very early. When did 7:30 become sleeping late? I no longer enjoy eating at crowded restaurants. I actually complain about loud college students! These are just of the few things that come with becoming older and much wiser.

Yesterday was absolutely wonderful! All three of my classes sang (yelled) "Happy Birthday" to me. Ha! There were lots of birthday hugs and my favorite, homemade cards. One of my sweet students brought me a Gigi's cupcake and gave me a $10 gift card! I also received a beautiful bracelet and earrings. One of my kiddos from last year remembered my birthday. He brought me a candle and candy! The hubs took me to Amsterdam's for a delicious dinner, and we had Gigi's cupcakes for dessert! By 9:30, I was in bed and asleep. I had too much fun in one day:)

Thanks to everyone who made me feel special on my birthday! I was overwhelmed with love by friends and family. I truly am one lucky girl!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment