The Boswells

The Boswells

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day

Yes, I realise I'm a little late on this blog post, but let me explain. I thought when I graduated from grad.school things would settle down a bit, and I would have tons of free time. I was wrong. I have been busier than ever! This week and last we had DARE graduation practice. Graduation was yesterday, thank goodness! Tuesday, we took the students with good behavior to the movie theatre. Then that afternoon we had ice cream sundaes to celebrate Valentine's day. It was crazy! I was so pooped that all I wanted to do was rest. I nearly fell asleep on my way home from school, and I could barely keep my head up at the nail salon.

Did I mention I'm in charge of the science fair for 5th grade too? We are also preparing for a curriculum night where I get to present information on the Alabama Science Assessment to parents! Every free second I'm not teaching, I'm preparing for these! But I have to say that I have the sweetest students ever! On Valentine's day, I was showered with candy and gifts. One sweet parent even baked me the most delicious cookies! I'm so fortunate to have a job, and I thank God everyday for my blessings. I just wish it wasn't so exhausting sometimes. I'm really looking forward to the long weekend ahead! Thank goodness for Abe Lincoln and George Washington!

In addition to being showered with gifts at school, my sweet husband took very good care of my on Valentine's day. I woke up early to make breakfast for Tucker. I wanted to surprise him with breakfast in bed. When I walked into the kitchen, I found my coffee already made and a sweet card awaiting me. Then he had flowers delivered to me at school. Isn't he the sweetest?!?! We didn't want to fight the crowd at the restaurants, so we decided to cook in. I made a pork tenderloin and green bean casserole with chocolate chip cookies for dessert! Yum! It was the most perfect Valentine's day!


I'm hoping to get lots of rest over this long weekend! Hopefully, I'll have more time for blogging and pinterest soon!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment