The Boswells

The Boswells

Monday, March 26, 2012

A Lake Wedding and a Pinterest Challenge

Congrats to our sweet friends, Ben and Amy Lambert! They tied the knot at the Children's Harbor on the lake this past Saturday. A little over two years ago, Ben and Amy attended our wedding. Little did we all know that two years later they would be making the same commitment to each other. The wedding was beautiful! The weather was perfect for an outdoors wedding. March can sometimes be hit or miss, but they timed it just right, Amy's dress was gorgeous, and of course, she looked absolutely breathtaking! Ben is one lucky man! The sweet couple left in a boat as fireworks filled the night sky!

Another reason Ben and Amy's wedding was so fun, was that we get to see lots of friends that we don't get to see very often. Tucker loves seeing his two best friends, Nick and John. Lacy, John's girlfriend, is tons of fun, even if she is an Alabama fan! Ha! Just kidding, Lacy!

John and Lacy

Tucker and I

Three very handsome men!

Now on to other news.... in case you haven't noticed.... Spring has sprung! Other than that pesky pollen, I love this time of year! I love buying ferns and flowers and just being outside this time of year! I saw the neatest flower pot display on pinterest (my obsession) and just had to try it. Usually, when I try something on pinterest, it never turns out like the picture, but this time I was pleasantly surprised. This was so easy too!

The completed project.

All you need is four flowers pots that decrease in size as you stack them, a dowel rod, and flowers.I went with petunias, but you can use anything! You take the largest pot and stick the dowel rod into the hole on the bottom. Then you fill the pot up with soil. Take the next largest pot and put it on top of the soil.The dowel rod acts as a support so that the pots don't topple over. Plant your flowers around the sides of the largest flower pot. Continue this with the two other pots. Filling the top pot with flowers.

The red petunias really showcase our new red door!


Our feathered friend is also back! If you remember from last spring, Tucker and I had a mourning dove that made a nest in one of the ferns on the back porch. Tucker was watering the ferns on the back porch Saturday, and look what he found....

Mourny is back!

We named our bird momma, Mourny! I'm not sure if it's the same bird. I have been meaning to ask Mrs. Mirarchi.She's not only my classroom aide, but also a bird expert! I'll let you know soon!

Have a wonderful week!

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment