The Boswells

The Boswells

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving, the Iron Bowl, and Crafts!

What a busy week! Today it was back to the daily grind. Thanksgiving was so much fun and much needed. Tucker and I went to Wetumpka to celebrate Thanksgiving, and on Friday, I spent the day watching football with my grandpa. It was one of my favorite days :)

All of us women cooking!

Kate, Emily, and I

Tucker's grandmother, Mymama, bought us girls those "cutesy poo" bags as she would say :) Inside was a mini muffin pan, spatula, and the ingredients and recipe for Pecan Bites. They are delish! I will post the recipe as soon as I have tried to make them! Hopefully they will be a success!

I had to do all of my Christmas decorating on Wednesday, before Thanksgiving! I absolutely detest decorating before Thanksgiving! Call me old fashioned, but I believe in celebrating Thanksgiving, THEN decorating for Christmas. This year, with our very busy schedule, I had no choice.


Tucker putting the angel on the tree!

The finished product!

Our fireplace and mantle. The stockings are home made. My mother-in-law is a knitting genius!

Christmas is my favorite holiday. Decorating for Christmas this year was a little stressful though. I couldn't decide where to put the tree. After three locations and multiple scratches, it finally found it's home.

Friday, Tucker and I stayed up late creating our sign for Gameday on Saturday morning. We were on T.V.!!! We recorded it just in case you missed it :)


At Gameday!

We had so much fun!!! I don't really want to talk too much about the game. I think everyone knew we were in for a loss.I was very proud of our guys for playing their hearts out and not giving up! Better days are coming! War Eagle!

Lastly, I have a new addiction (thanks, Kate!), Pinterest! I have gotten so many good craft ideas off of there. I'm so glad I will be finishing my master's degree this December. At least now I'll have more time for crafts!!!


An old window used to display wedding pictures <3

Tucker and I found this at Angel's Antiques in Opelika.

I used scrapbook paper behind the pictures. I absolutely LOVE it!!! In other news, I take my last final this Saturday! Wish me luck! Have a great week!

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment