The Boswells

The Boswells

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving! I would like to say first and foremost that it is important to remember to be thankful everyday for the blessings in our lives.Sometimes it's a constant struggle; nobody knows that better than me, but I do try to remember to count my blessings rather than counting my disappointments.

I am thankful for so many things. This year has brought with it ups and downs. It's been mostly ups, but as my grandpa says... every now and then life throws you some bumps in the road. I am thankful that Jesus died on the cross for my sins. I am so very thankful for the life he has given me, and the opportunities that I have had throughout my life thus far. Anybody that knows me well and knows what my life has been like, truly believes in miracles. I, in no way, should be where I am in life, but I'm here thanks to God. I am a miracle!

I am thankful for my relationship with my grandpa. He keeps me grounded, listens to me fuss, and comforts me when I cry. He's the closest thing to a dad I have ever had, and I cherish every moment that I have with him. I am trying to remember everything he has told me, every story, every saying, so I can one day tell my children about their crazy great grandfather.

I am thankful for the time I had here on Earth with my grandmother.I know she's looking down on all of us, and I know I'll see her and my dad again someday. What a day of rejoicing that will be!

I am thankful for my dog, Bandit. He keeps me warm at night, and makes me feel safe when I'm home alone. For a long time, it was just little boo and me.Slowly, he has adjusted to Tucker and loves him just as much as he loves me. Plus, I can talk to him without feeling like a crazy person!

I am thankful for my in laws. I know some that would not be able to but that, but I'm so glad that I can. I am very fortunate to have married a man with such a wonderful family. They are accepting, supportive, and a little crazy ;) They actually like getting together, and it is so much fun when they do! I love each and every one of them, and I'm so very proud to be a part of the Boswell clan.

I am so very thankful for my wonderful husband, Tucker, who has been awesome this year. He supports me while getting my master's degree, and he encourages me every day. Sometimes he's my punching bag and my sounding board, but most importantly he is my best friend. I'm so lucky to get to spend forever with my best friend! I'm very thankful for the memories we have shared, and I'm looking forward to the memories we will make in the future.

What are you thankful for? Happy Thanksgiving Friends!!!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment