The Boswells

The Boswells

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween and an Easy Recipe

Happy Belated Halloween! Let me first start off by saying that I will never, I repeat, I will never give out candy again! I have never in my life had so many disrespectful TEENAGERS at my door! I'm not sure what the cut off age is for trick or treating, but I'm sure it has to be elementary school. Some of the teenagers weren't even dressed up and were just carrying a grocery sack. I mean, at least put some effort into it!

One particular group of teens had two sacks each, and all of them claimed they needed some for their sister who couldn't get out of the car. Do you really expect me to believe that one???!!! When I only put candy in one of their sacks, they got mad, and do you believe????? They rolled their eyes at me!!! The nerve of those fools, and they didn't even say thank you, not that I would have expected that anyway. Needless to say, my trick or treating days are over.

On a happier note, I did spend Halloween night with my family- Tucker, Bandit, Khat, and Khaki (Khat's dog). It warmed my heart immensely to have her come over and help pass out candy. I made chicken and dumplings, and then we watched the best Halloween movie of all time...drum roll please...Hocus Pocus!!!

This chicken and dumplings recipe is so very easy!

Chicken and Dumplings

4 boneless chicken breasts
1 can chicken broth
1 stick butter
10 Mary B's frozen biscuits, plain and thawed
2 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste

Boil chicken 15 to 20 minutes until done, and remove onto plate. Add butter, milk, broth, salt, and pepper. Keep ingredients in boiler on medium to high heat. Shred chicken, and add pinches of thawed biscuits. Continue to stir during the cooking process (prevents sticking). Once all the chicken and biscuits are added, simmer 15 minutes. Cover; turn off heat until thickened to preference. Enjoy!




I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! It's delicious on a cool night!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment