The Boswells

The Boswells

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kickballin'

Tucker and I have joined a summer kickball league, and we are so excited about it! It's a great way to meet new people, especially young newly married couples! Last night was supposed to be our first games (we had a double header), but unfortunately, there was some confusion between the league owners and the city of Auburn about the lights being turned on on the fields.

We still had a great time! We got our team shirts and met the other couples on our team. Everyone seems wonderful! Our team name is Ball & Oates. In case you don't get it right away, it's a play on words from the singing duo Hall & Oates. Even though we could not play an official game, we did get some practice in before it got too dark to see. And I have to say I'm so thankful for that practice! I probably haven't played kickball since I was in elementary school, and it's a lot harder than I remembered. The ball is huge and hard to throw and control! This is going to be a great workout!

Then we all met at Halftimes downtown to partake in a celebratory beverage! We had a blast! Hopefully, we will be playing our first official game next Wednesday. I'll be posting pictures weekly, but to hold you over till next week, here is one of Tucker and I in our team apparel!


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment