The Boswells

The Boswells

Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer Vacation

This year we took a real vacation! We went to Gulf Shores, but not just for a long weekend. We went for 5 whole nights! I can't remember the last time we took a vacation! It was so nice to get away and relax a little. Of course, now since we have Hudson our beach trips have changed. No more laying out in the sun all day long. We went to the beach early in the morning, went up for lunch and a nap, and went back down to the beach in the afternoon. In fact, I didn't get tan at all, and that's just fine by me!

Of course, no trip is complete without a little bump in the road. Hudson started running a fever the afternoon we arrived. I thought it may have been teething since he was beginning to cut his back teeth. But when his temp reached 102.3, I knew it wasn't just teething. Sure enough, after a trip to the Urgent Care, Hudson had a bilateral ear infection, which means he had infection in both ears. He got a shot of antibiotics and a prescription for more antibiotics to start the next day. After a long afternoon nap, he was already feeling much better.

On an exciting note, Hudson took his first steps at the beach! He walked from me to Tucker, only a few feet, but we are so very proud. We have been practicing ever since. He still can't stand and walk from a sitting position, but he can walk about ten feet from me to Tucker. I know in a few weeks, he will take off and we won't be able to keep up!

 You never would have known that he was at the doctor just a few hours earlier!

 Playing on the beach with Mommy.

 Hudson loved playing in his Mickey Mouse pool. It was perfect for a baby at the beach!

 I'm usually the one behind the camera. Because of this, all pictures with my boy are extra special.

Best friends!

I can't believe its over! It's funny how the vacation days breeze by and the work days seem to drag. I guess that's just the way life is. These special moments help us to really slow down and enjoy these precious moments even more. 

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment