The Boswells

The Boswells

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Hudson's WILD First Birthday

Almost a month later, I'm finally blogging about Hudson's first birthday party. Hudson's first birthday theme was "Where the Wild Things Are". If you have never heard of it, it is a children's book by Maurice Sendak, and it is absolutely wonderful. It describes our Hudson perfectly. He's WILD, ya'll!

I spent weeks planning his party. It was extremely stressful, because I was also secretly planning Tucker's 30th surprise birthday party. It was so neat for Hudson to be turning one while Tucker was turning 30. So special! May was a wonderful month full of celebrations!


The cakes were made by Sweet Malisa's in Opelika. It was important to me that the cake match the theme, was unique, but also tasted good. Malisa hit the nail on the head. The cakes were decorated perfectly to match our theme, and they tasted amazing!


Pinterest was my go to when planning this party. I made all of the banners myself using burlap,stencils, and craft paint. I think they turned out great!


This was another Pinterest idea that I tweaked. The banner says "One Wild Year". It displayed a picture of Hudson each month of his first year. It was amazing to see how much he has changed in just one year!

This was supposed to be a high chair banner, but it was too long. I had to improvise by hanging it above the high chair.

 I can't believe this sweet boy is one!!!





Happy Birthday, Hudson!!!

It was truly a special and wonderful day! We thank everyone who helped and came out to celebrate our favorite boy with us. 

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. The cake was amazing! I asked L if I could have one to celebrate Jack's arrival and he said no. Also, you are so crafty! I thought you bought all that stuff.

    ReplyDelete