The Boswells

The Boswells

Monday, April 22, 2013

One Last Roll

This weekend we celebrated the last time to roll the Toomer's Oaks. Tucker and his dad went to the A-Day game while Phyllis and I enjoyed lunch and some shopping in Opelika. We met up after the game and headed downtown to enjoy the festivities. There were so many people there that we didn't stay long. We got as close as we could, but this 9 months pregnant momma started to get a little claustrophobic. Tucker and I decided to go back later that night to get some pictures and say our final goodbyes to the oaks.

We really wanted to document the last roll for Hudson. He will never get to roll the original Toomer's oaks, and that makes us a little weepy. We wanted him to know that he was there; he was just still growing in his mommy's tummy :) I ordered him the most precious outfit! See below. Yes, I ordered my child an outfit to wear to an event that he isn't even here to see. Call me crazy if you must, but I just had to have something with his name on it to take down to the oaks so I could take a picture with it. The pictures turned out a bit dark, but at least we have documentation:)

 37 weeks 



 It looks like snow!

Us in front of the Toomer's Oaks.

Tomorrow they will take the trees down. Many say that this is a time of mourning, however, I think it is a time for Auburn fans to show their strength and resiliency. Rolling the oaks at Toomer's Corner has always been a time honored tradition at Auburn, and that's never going to change. We may not roll the original oaks, but we will roll regardless. Harvey Updike thought he was in some way weakening our pride and strength, when in fact, all he did was make it stronger. 

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment