The Boswells

The Boswells

Monday, April 29, 2013

Hudson's Room

We are at 38 weeks! Only two more weeks to go, maybe one, if we are lucky. I go to the doctor again on Thursday. I'm hoping we have made such good progress that we will be able to induce next week. I'm so ready to meet my little man!

In the mean time, Tucker and I have been preparing for Hudson's arrival. Both car seats are installed. I went to Target this weekend to buy some of the last minute things we would need before he comes. I even bought some comfy, cute pj's that I can wear. I've been wearing Tucker's pj's to bed considering I can't fit into my own pj's. Ha! All bags are packed...we are just waiting on Hudson now!

A few weeks ago, we put the final touches on Hudson's room. We are really happy with how it turned out. We think our boy has the cutest room ever. Our theme is trains with a little Auburn mixed in. Our colors are navy, white, gray, light blue, and a little red. We got the furniture form Babies-R-Us, and the bedding is from Pottery Barn. It's the perfect combination of old and new!

 The view from the door. 

 Changing table/dresser

 Our friend, John Watkins, made the whale above the chest. 

Tucker's grandfather made this shelf. It and the train were in Tucker's room when he was a little boy. 
"You can't get to heaven in a red canoe... because God's favorite colors are ORANGE and BLUE." This was made by Tucker's Aunt Kathy in 1981.

 Tucker made these for Hudson to hold all of his books. I saw this on Pinterest, and we both loved it.

 This is in Hudson's closet. As you can see, he has tons of books!

 His little crib...too bad he won't sleep in this for quite a while. We have a cradle in our sitting room that he will be sleeping in for the first few months. 

 I can't wait to rock my sweet baby!

Hudson's first Auburn picture! He will inherit many others!

Hudson will be here before we know it! I'm trying very hard to be patient, but it's so hard. I'm trying to get lots of rest while I can. This Friday is my last day at school, and I have to say, it's going to be bittersweet. My class has been awesome this year. I have the sweetest and smartest class in all of third grade :) It's going to be hard to say goodbye to them. The next time I see them they will be 4th graders! Please say a little prayer for my little growing family and my kiddos at school. We will all be making big adjustments!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment