The Boswells

The Boswells

Friday, August 3, 2012

Classroom Organization

I love being organized! I have worked hard all summer preparing my third grade classroom. I'm excited about the results! A lot of people ask me how I do it, so I thought I would post pictures of my room to help some folks out. Much of my reading plans/organization came from Beth Newingham. Here is her website: http://hill.troy.k12.mi.us/staff/bnewingham/myweb3/. She has amazing ideas about reading workshop and many free printables. I love her!

 The view of my classroom from the door. My theme is sports, and  I have three groups of six desks.

 Thick/Thin Question Posters came from Beth Newingham's website. The Word Wall will have reading, math, science, and social studies vocabulary words. I'm self-contained.

Genres of Literature posters came from Beth Newingham's website. She has lots of great ideas about teaching genres! Beside the mystery genre are mystery vocabulary words such as clue, red herring, and suspect. Beth Newingham has an awesome mystery genre study with free printables!


 Computers, educational posters, and number line

 Book Nook area. I used Beth Newingham's website to levelize my books and organize them by genre. The red construction paper is laminated and has a clothespin hot glued to the wall. This will hold student work.

 Common Themes! Once again, this is directly from the Beth Newingham website. There are 9 common themes, and she starts discussing theme at the beginning of the year. I told you, she's amazing!

 I don't have a desk in my room. I got rid of a desk many years ago. It collected dust, and I never sat at it. I use the shelf behind me to hold things that would normally go on a desk.

 Thanks to my sweet friend, Virginia, for letting me borrow her rug! This is a great area for read alouds!
You can also see the reading notebooks and book bins on the bookshelf.

The front of my classroom. The long table will hold my laptop, ELMO, and teacher's editions.

I'm still working on many things. I can't believe kiddos will be here on the 20th! I can't wait to meet my new friends on the 16th!I'm looking forward to an awesome year!

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. So clean and precise! Great job! I've been waiting for this post a long time. :) So glad you are back in your favorite grade! Have fun this year!

    ReplyDelete