The Boswells

The Boswells

Monday, August 15, 2011

GRRRRRR!

Mondays stink. Period. This Monday I had the pleasure of getting into a little fender bender. The good news is that no one was hurt in the accident.The bad news is my front driver side looks like crap and my insurance will probably go up. Oh well! Just another bump in the road!

On a happier note, I am loving 5th grade! The students switch classes and it's so fast paced! My day is literally gone before I know it! Planning is a breeze! I teach science three times a day, then the next week I teach social studies three times a day. My team is fabulous! I have really enjoyed getting to know all of them better. They have been so helpful and encouraging :)

This weekend Tucker went on another scuba diving adventure. This was the last chance he would get for a while with football season coming up, so he decided to go. This was also his first time to spear fish. He shot two  Amber jack but unfortunately, they wiggled off of the spear. He did catch lots of Snapper though!

These guns are hot!

Tucker with an Amber jack.

Tucker with an Amber jack and Snapper.

And while the cat was away, I was playing! Saturday, I went to Montgomery to visit my Grandpa, Aunt Rhonda, and Aunt Pam. We ate lunch and watched the girls (Taylor and Rachel) swim in the pool. Then my Uncle Gene and Aunt Barbara came over to visit. We don't get to see them much, and it was such a joy to be able to visit with them a while!

Then I went shopping at East Chase! I bought lots of goodies! I have to say a huge thank you to my sweet friend Tricia. She kept me occupied all weekend. Friday we went out to eat to celebrate one full week of teaching. Of course, we had to have ice cream! Saturday night we went to see the movie "The Help". If you haven't seen it yet, you need to! I would read the book first though! After the movie, we enjoyed a delicious dinner at Amsterdam's. And once again, we had to have dessert! Ha! I have such a sweet tooth.

Now it's back to the grind! Grad school classes start this week. Seems like everything is finally settling down and getting back to normal. Hopefully, I'll be able to blog more now that we will be on our regular schedules again!

Have a great week!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment