The Boswells

The Boswells

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Memorial Day 2016

What a great weekend! The boys and I headed to the lake, while Tucker and his dad went to the Farmlinks golf course near Sylacauga for the weekend. The trip was Tucker's birthday gift from the boys and me. Since everything that happened with Davis, Tucker hasn't been able to get away. He worked three days a week while we were at Children's and only took time off at the beginning and for transplant and recovery. He works so hard everyday, and we are so thankful for everything he does for our little family. This was a much deserved trip doing what he loves with one of his favorite people, his dad.

Hudson, Davis, and I enjoyed a weekend of swimming, being lazy, and doing whatever we wanted to do. Mymama and Phyllis were there to help out with the boys, and Emily, Andy, and Prudence joined us too! It was the perfect weekend! It made me realize how much I have missed weekends on the lake. I always leave well rested and clear headed. I'm a firm believer that Lake Martin is just good for your soul!

 Ready for a swim!

 Hudson loves a boat ride!

 They couldn't get enough of the doo rags!

 "Mommy, I'm a pirate! Arrrrgggg!"

 Best friends

 Swimming with Aunt Emmy and Pru!

 I love that Hudson enjoys the lake just as much as I do!

 I'm so thankful this kiddo gets to experience the lake.

 The doo rags get me every time!

 First time tubing!


 Emily's still got it!

 Even Shug took a dip!

Sweet baby love!

Tucker and Big Al enjoyed two rounds of golf on 
two different days. They stayed in a cabin on the golf
course and ate at the clubhouse.
It looks beautiful!

As much as we missed Tucker and Big Al, we were so glad they were able to get away and spend some much needed time together. We had a ton of fun at our home away from home, and we can't wait to go back for the 4th! We are so grateful to the men and women who served to make weekends like this possible for our family. It's freedoms like these we take for granted so often.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment