The Boswells

The Boswells

Monday, May 30, 2016

3 Years Old {Hudson}

My biggest, the boy that made me a mommy, is three! I don't even know how it happened. People say enjoy every moment, because it goes by fast, and boy were they right! It's been bittersweet watching him grow and gain independence. I'm so proud of him in so many ways and enjoy watching him grow and reach milestones, but in my heart, there is a tugging, a longing, wanting him to stay little. In many ways this year has been a blur. My heart hurts sometimes thinking about all the time I missed with him, especially when things with Davis weren't so good.

I'd leave for half a week to stay with Davis, and I would come back, and Hudson would have learned something new or would be saying something new. One thing I can say is, Hudson was always around people who loved and cared about him. I can't say enough wonderful things about my sweet mother-in-love, Phyllis and Tucker's sister and bother-in-law. Phyllis basically lived with us during that time, and Emily and Andy opened their home to all of us. Hudson even had his own room at their house. Tucker and I decided early on that we had to do what was best for Hudson and Davis, even if that meant we didn't see each other but for a few hours each week. One of us was always with one of them. We did everything we could to keep Hudson's routine as "normal"as possible during those stressful months. The good news is that Hudson won't remember any of it, and I actually think it has made him a well rounded, more resilient kiddo. The way he handled all the changes and uncertainty was amazing!

Hudson is my sweet, mischievous, dashing little boy! He loves all things super hero, especially Ninja Turtles. He's also into dinosaurs thanks to our sweet neighbor across the street. She gave Hudson a book about dinosaurs that was her son's, and Hudson has been hooked since. He can identity a triceratops, T-Rex, Iguanadon, and Brontosaurus. He can count to twenty, knows all of his shapes including hexagon and octagon, and knows all of his colors. He knows his ABC's and loves to sing! His favorite book is a nursery rhyme book, and he can say or sing just about all of them! His favorites to sing are "Twinkle, Twinkle", "Itsy bitsy Spider", and "Baa Baa Black Sheep". Other favorite books right now are "Little Blue Truck" and "Goodnight Train". We read them every night, over and over!

Hudson loves to be outside! Tucker and I gave him a bicycle with training wheels for his birthday, and many days, we don't even make it to the house from the car, because he wants to ride his bicycle. He got a smaller version trampoline for Christmas, and he also loves to jump in it. Tucker put a basketball net inside it, and he and Hudson like to slam dunk the balls. Hudson especially likes playing with his friend, Watson, who lives right down the street. He's just a few months older than Hudson. They ride their bikes up and down the neighborhood sidewalks. Hudson always wants to go see if Watson is at home!

Hudson still goes to daycare, which gives me lots of time to work with Davis on feeding and physical therapy. Davis has made huge improvements in a short period of time, and I believe it's due in part to the time I've been able to devote to him during the day while Hudson is at daycare. His best friends at daycare are Kelsie, Walker, and Carter. I'm pretty sure they keep each other in trouble! I'm sad that he will be leaving his daycare in August when I return to work, but I know he will adjust quickly to our new routine.

Hudson already has a heart for the Lord. Leaving church on Sunday, he asked me "Mommy, are we done praising the Lord?". I told him church was over, but we will never stop praising the Lord. He learned about Abraham in Sunday School and is now obsessed with the "Father Abraham" song. He says the blessing before meals and prays by himself with Davis every night. Tucker and I help him say his prayers every night before he goes to bed. One of us will say them and Hudson will repeat after us. He loves his "Jesus Storybook Bible"! His favorite to read about is Daniel in the lion's den. I love watching his little heart grow in the Lord. I can't wait to see what great things God has planned for him!

Hudson is the best big brother! He loves Davis with all his heart. He always wants to make it better when Davis gets upset. He will say, "It's okay, Davis. Huddy is here." while rubbing his head. He will sit on the blanket with Davis in the afternoons after daycare and play with him. Davis pretty much thinks his Huddy hung the moon! Everything Hudson does makes him smile and giggle. And the sweetest thing is when Hudson gives Davis a "noggin" before we put Davis down for bed. A noggin is when Hudson gently bumps his forehead to Davis' forehead. Hudson will say "Give me a noggin, D. Love you, D!". And my mama heart explodes. Every. Time.  


 A birthday waffle for the birthday boy!
Daddy's waffles are almost as good as Shug's. Almost!

Showing off his muscles!
Hudson is 36.6 lbs. and 39 inches tall!
He wears size 3t clothes and is completely potty trained!

 Mommy and Daddy got to take cupcakes to daycare!
Tucker had dental work earlier that morning. I was thrilled
he got to go with me. This is something neither of us
would normally get to do because of work.

Huddy on his big boy bicycle!
And it doesn't get any cooler than a
Leonardo helmet, my friends!

 Make a wish!

Happy birthday, Hudson!


If you couldn't tell, we absolutely adore this fantastic little boy! We are blessed to be his parents, and we are so thankful God chose us for the job!

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Love the way you LOVE your family... You are AWESOME Amanda! Hudson , Davis and Tucker are Blessed with you in their lives! We all are!

    ReplyDelete