The Boswells

The Boswells

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

It may not feel like Christmas, but it sure does look like Christmas at the Boswell residence. We started decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving. To be exact, we started decorating during the Iron Bowl. What can I say? Things weren't looking so good for our team, and we just couldn't bear to watch another brutal beating.

This year we decided to get a real tree. In the past, we have always just used the fake tree. Tucker and I both grew up with real trees. We were both excited to head to the Christmas tree place to pick out our first real tree together and in our new home. I must admit I was not entirely happy with the real tree option. Yes, they smell great, but they also make a huge mess. The fallen needles drive my OCD personality crazy! And what do you do with the tree when you are done??? I grew up in the country, and we just threw our tree in the field where it decayed over the year. Living in Auburn, I'm not sure what are Christmas tree disposing options are. Any who, we meticulously picked out what we think is the perfect tree! I also had to be sure there were no critters still living in the tree. So far, we are critter free! We put the fake tree up in the dining room, so when people drive by they can see our twinkly Christmas tree lights through the window.

 Bringing home our tree!

Tucker putting the angel on the tree.

17 weeks pregnant :)

After helping decorate the trees, Tucker headed outside to put up Christmas lights. I was a little nervous when he announced at Thanksgiving that he was going Clark W. Griswald this year. Thank heavens he was only joking! The house looks great, but of course, I'm partial :)


 I adore my homemade stockings!

Christmas at the Boswell's 2012

On an unrelated note, I felt the baby move for the first time this week! Monday afternoon I was laying down, and I felt a little poke. At first I wasn't sure that was it, but I had never felt anything like it before! Later that night, I woke up starving and had to get a midnight snack :) When I laid back down, I felt the baby again but more than just once that time. Now I'm more anxious that ever to find out whether it's a boy or a girl! We go to the doctor again on December 19th and hopefully Baby B will cooperate!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment