The Boswells

The Boswells

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cleaning Out and Moving On

This weekend was difficult. Period. My family had the daunting task of cleaning out my grandmother's house. This was it. This would make it final. She is gone. It was the period at the end of the sentence. It was hard, harder than any of us let on. Everything went fast. We only had one weekend to move, which was good because that left no time for us to look through everything. Looking through everything and reminiscing would only make the move harder.

I was proud of myself. I was very anxious about everything. So anxious that I actually drove to Sand Rock and back. I never drive if I don't have to. I wanted to do anything to distract my mind from thinking about what we had to do that day. I only had one break down. Cleaning out my grandmother's closet and remembering each and every outfit and where she wore it just stung my heart. She still had the dress she wore to my high school graduation, and I lost it when my aunt pulled out the dress my grandmother wore to my wedding. I never thought clothes would affect me so much!

Thank goodness for Tucker! He is a moving machine. His poor back really got a workout! Not to mention, he was my rock during all of this. I don't know what I would do without him. Now that everything is final, I feel like I can move on. It's hard and I know there will be times when I still get upset and cry, but that's okay. A good cry is just what I need sometimes, and then I'm better.

Till next time,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment