The Boswells

The Boswells

Sunday, May 1, 2011

"Heaven is for Real"

Happy Sunday! If you have not already read "Heaven is for Real" then I suggest you go out and get it immediately. It is a wonderful true story of a four year olds journey to heaven and back. This is not your typical walking toward the bright light story. This is a story told with the hilarity of the blunt honesty of a child. I read this book in a matter of hours! I literally could not put it down. It's a very easy read and includes scripture that explains everything.

I am a christian, but even as a christian, I have had doubts. I think that is typical of most believers. Its hard sometimes to have faith in things you can not see. One of my doubts was about heaven. I have always questioned whether there is actually a heaven or whether we believe in things like that in order to make the thought of dying less terrifying. This book has made me put aside such thoughts. I feel silly being a christian and not believing what is there in black and white in the Bible.

Because of this book, I have renewed faith! It's a wonderful feeling not being scared of death. I know where I'll be going even if it comes tomorrow! And the best part about it is, I'll see loved ones that have gone home before me. Its amazing to know that I have a Father in heaven that loves me so!

No comments:

Post a Comment